Death Certificate Authentication in Canada
Fast, Reliable, Secure
Your all-in-one solution for document authentication and legalization, Document Authentication Canada takes all the stress & time-consuming confusion of preparing official documents off your hands.
- Save you time in researching embassy regulations.
- Expedited processing time with our express service.
- Save you money needed to travel to Ottawa.
- No matter where you are located we can act as your agent.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED !
Free Expert Document Review
Death Certificate Authentication & Legalization In Canada
How do I authenticate and legalize a death certificate?
To get a quote for document authentication & legalization in Canada get in touch with us:
– Via our web form and receive a quote within 24 hours.
– Call us at 1-855-700-5840 and get an instant quote.
Get your Death Certificate authenticated and legalized.
Document Authentication Canada is an all-in-one solution for document authentication and legalization needs in Ottawa, Canada. Let our experts help you with the following services tailored to your specific needs:
- Assessment of the requirements for document authentication and legalization.
- Verification of documents for compliance with all the regulations.
- Document support and accompanying services (notary, translations, etc).
- Document forwarding and personal delivery.
Make sure you are aware of the documents that can’t be authenticated and how working with us speeds up the process & mitigates processing failures. See our complete document authentication and legalization service packages for further details and pricing.
The Process Of Getting A Death Certificate Authenticated
We assist with a range of activities pertaining to death certificate authentication & legalization, also known as apostille or document attestation. Our services include document notarization, obtaining certified true copies and getting supporting documents or certified translations.
Death certificate authentication (a.k.a apostille or attestation) is performed by Global Affairs Canada to certify the validity of the signature, the authority of the signature and identify the stamp or seal on the death certificate.
To have an apostilled or authenticated death certificate officially recognized in another country, you need to go through the process of document legalization which involves submitting documents at the appropriate embassy or consulate. Leverage our expertise to have it done in an accurate and timely manner.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are two types of death certificates in Canada:
- A funeral director’s certificate issued by the funeral home immediately after death.
- Death certificate issued by a provincial government vital statistics department.
In Canada, only the official death certificate issued by the province can go through the authentication and legalization process and does not require notarization.
- The original long-form document does not need to be notarized.
- The original pocket-sized document or a copy of the original long-form that has not been certified needs to be a certified copy notarized by a Canadian notary public.
- Global Affairs Canada authenticates only Canadian signatures and bears no responsibility for the contents of the authenticated documents.
- Copies of the original documents must be certified true copies, that are signed and sealed by a Canadian notary.
- Documents issued in a foreign language must be translated by a certified Canadian translator into English or French and notarized by a Canadian notary before they can be processed.
- We receive a request for a quote from you.
- We conduct an assessment of the requirements for your specific case during which we may contact you to receive more information about your documents.
- We send you a quote listing the terms and service details.
- Upon receipt of the payment from you we:– verify your documents comply with all the regulations.– may provide support services such as notary, certified translation, etc.
- Next, we personally deliver your documents to the Global Affairs Canada for authentication.
- Finally, we forward the authenticated documents back to you per the specified mail service or have them further processed at the embassy or consulate depending on your requirements.
Here at DAC, our document authentication and legalization services start at C$90 per document. Bulk order discounts and faster processing prices are also available.
- Obtain a certified translation of your documents.
- Have your documents notarized.
- Have your documents package fully compliant with the requirements of Global Affairs Canada and your embassy for proper document legalization.
If any of the documents do not meet the proper form, miss supporting documents, or otherwise fail to meet the requirements, your documents may be declined authentication and/or legalization. In this case, the processing time will take longer subject to you having to resupply the documents in full compliance.
Document Authentication Canada thoroughly checks the requirements for each specific case to make sure you don’t pay double. We also deliver your documents to both Global Affairs Canada and your Embassy in Ottawa in person which greatly speeds up the process. See our service packages for further details.
- Unknown seals or signatures which cannot be verified.
- Religious documents (for example baptismal certificates, religious marriage certificates, or documents issued by a religious institution).
- Documents that are glued, laminated, or covered with any substance that would make it difficult to place a stamp on the document.
Documents We Authenticate And Legalize
We pride ourselves on offering the best service in Document Apostille, Document Attestation, Document Authentication and Document Legalization.
Document apostille, attestation, authentication & legalization services in Canada starting as low as $90 per document – contact us for a free quote!