Name Change Certificate Services in Canada
Fast, Reliable, Secure
Your all-in-one solution for document authentication and legalization, Document Authentication Canada takes all the stress & time-consuming confusion of preparing official documents off your hands.
- Save you time in researching embassy regulations.
- Expedited processing time with our express service.
- Save you money needed to travel to Ottawa.
- No matter where you are located we can act as your agent.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED !
Free Expert Document Review
Change Of Name Authentication & Legalization In Canada
When you legally change your name and need to update other documents outside of Canada, you need to have the document stating your name change authenticated and legalized. When authenticating a name change certificate make sure the document is issued by the Canadian provincial or territorial office of vital statistics. The original pocket-sized documents, as well as the copies of the original long-form documents, need to be certified copies notarized by a Canadian notary public prior to submitting them for authentication.
At Document Authentication Canada, we take the guess work out of your having to deal with the name change certificate authentication and legalization yourself. Get started with our services or see our FAQ section below for more information on the change of name apostille, authentication, and legalization process.
Get started with a name change authentication and legalization.
To get a quote for document authentication & legalization in Canada get in touch with us:
– Via our web form and receive a quote within 24 hours.
– Call us at 1-855-700-5840 and get an instant quote.
Get your Change of Name Certificate authenticated and legalized.
Document Authentication Canada is an all-in-one solution for document authentication and legalization needs in Ottawa, Canada. Let our experts help you with the following services tailored to your specific needs:
- Assessment of the requirements for document authentication and legalization.
- Verification of documents for compliance with all the regulations.
- Document support and accompanying services (notary, translations, etc).
- Document forwarding and personal delivery.
Make sure you are aware of the documents that can’t be authenticated and how working with us speeds up the process & mitigates processing failures. See our complete document authentication and legalization service packages for further details and pricing.
The Process Of Getting Your Name Change Certificate Authenticated
We assist with a range of activities pertaining to name change certificate authentication & legalization, also known as document apostille or document attestation. Our services include notarization, obtaining certified true copies and getting supporting documents or certified translations.
Change of name authentication (a.k.a apostille or attestation) is performed by Global Affairs Canada to certify the validity of the signature, the authority of the signature and identify the stamp or seal on the name change certificate.
To have an apostilled or authenticated name change certificate officially recognized in another country, you need to go through the process of document legalization which involves submitting documents at the appropriate embassy or consulate. Leverage our expertise to have it done in an accurate and timely manner.
Frequently Asked Questions
Legalization is required when documents have to be used and recognized abroad (that is, outside Canada, or at a foreign embassy in Canada). The most likely times you will need to have your change of name certificate legalized are:
- For the purpose of getting married abroad.
- When migrating to another country.
- To apply for a visa to enter another country.
No there is no official expiry date on the authentication. However, the (overseas) authority you have to show your change of name certificate to may want it to be legalized within a certain timeframe, which is something you can check with them.
- Global Affairs Canada authenticates only Canadian signatures and bears no responsibility for the contents of the authenticated documents.
- Copies of the original documents must be certified true copies, that are signed and sealed by a Canadian notary.
- Documents issued in a foreign language must be translated by a certified Canadian translator into English or French and notarized by a Canadian notary before they can be processed.
- We receive a request for a quote from you.
- We conduct an assessment of the requirements for your specific case during which we may contact you to receive more information about your documents.
- We send you a quote listing the terms and service details.
- Upon receipt of the payment from you we:– verify your documents comply with all the regulations.– may provide support services such as notary, certified translation, etc.
- Next, we personally deliver your documents to the Global Affairs Canada for authentication.
- Finally, we forward the authenticated documents back to you per the specified mail service or have them further processed at the embassy or consulate depending on your requirements.
Here at DAC, our document authentication and legalization services start at C$90 per document. Bulk order discounts and faster processing prices are also available.
- Obtain a certified translation of your documents.
- Have your documents notarized.
- Have your documents package fully compliant with the requirements of Global Affairs Canada and your embassy for proper document legalization.
If any of the documents do not meet the proper form, miss supporting documents, or otherwise fail to meet the requirements, your documents may be declined authentication and/or legalization. In this case, the processing time will take longer subject to you having to resupply the documents in full compliance.
Document Authentication Canada thoroughly checks the requirements for each specific case to make sure you don’t pay double. We also deliver your documents to both Global Affairs Canada and your Embassy in Ottawa in person which greatly speeds up the process. See our service packages for further details.
- Unknown seals or signatures which cannot be verified.
- Religious documents (for example baptismal certificates, religious marriage certificates, or documents issued by a religious institution).
- Documents that are glued, laminated, or covered with any substance that would make it difficult to place a stamp on the document.
Documents We Authenticate And Legalize
We pride ourselves on offering the best service in Document Apostille, Document Attestation, Document Authentication and Document Legalization.
Document apostille, attestation, authentication & legalization services in Canada starting as low as $90 per document – contact us for a free quote!